Plastering and Tiling Course
Upon successfully completing this course, the student should be able to do the following:
- To cut and fix plasterboard to walls and ceilings
- Tape standard and internal joints
- Cut and fix angle beads around windows and reveals
- Prepare surfaces before and after plastering
- To mix plastering materials
- Skimming walls and ceilings
- Plastering reveals – internal and external
- Prime areas to receive tiling
- Patterns including a diamond pattern to wall and floor areas
- Estimate tile quantities required for each individual job
- Use of laser lines/levels
- Be able to use various interior decoration fabrics and make various interior decoration products such as curtain, bedspreads.
- Students can further their vocational training, complete a job attachment, or start working for a micro-business.