Solar Technology Course
Upon successfully completing this course, the student should be able to do the following:
- Learn all the fundamentals of Solar PV energy
- Design your solar Grid-Tie PV System
- Calculate Solar Array size
- Determine the optimum panel placement for Solar PV
- Learn in detail about the components of a typical PV system
- Learn everything on Solar Modules, Optimizers (DC/DC converters), Junction Boxes, Inverters, Solar Meters
- Install and mount the solar panels
- Mount sockets, junction boxes, switches, and other parts;
- Cut and bend plastic tubes, replace fuses and lamps;
- Make connections;
- Understand and use all the materials in installing the solar system;
- Carry out good quality work with job safety.
- Students are eligible for employment as junior solar technicians
- After successfully completing this course, students are eligible for employment as junior solar technicians or can further their vocational training. They can also choose to start their own small business installing, maintaining and/or repairing solar systems.